Sunday 15 September 2013

Experiment 1 Submission

This first experiment in the BENV 2423 subject required me to improve my cryengine skills greatly and also required me to be unique in my approach towards the tasks in this experiment. I began this experiment by establishing what I wanted to achieve by the submission date and allowed myself to experiment with untested ideas rather than the common ideas as a way to differentiate my work and conceal it with a touch of uniqueness.

Strategy Statement
The strategy statement was put in place to help establish how I was going to conceal my letter and number combination from macro to micro throughout my island. My strategy statement can be found here.

5 Draft Images of Island
Draft images of my island can be found here and here.

Video Trailer
As part of the final submission for this experiment we had to create a video trailer to promote our island. I always wanted to associate the feeling of mystery and suspense in this project and this is heavily portrayed throughout my video trailer through the use of background music and video effects without needing to use text to portray the mood conveyed in my video trailer.


My developed Island
Below are a few screen captures of my final developed island.




Files to play test Cryengine 3 Environment
The files needed to play my Cryengine environment can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment