Thursday 7 November 2013

Week 4

For this week's tasks we we're required to work with the blend layer inside of cryengine and apply the technique to our building whilst using our sketches as our reference. Below I have posted 3 test images of my results in using blend layer.

Brick Wall Blend Layer
Brick Wall Blend Layer
Brick Wall Blend Layer
We were then required to find 5 trailers to use as our reference when creating our very own trailer for experiment 2. Below I have included 3 links to 5 trailers which I think are great examples to reference to when creating my very own trailer.

I chose this trailer because it uses nice transitions between the various shots.
This trailer shows a variety of buildings and highlights the detail of the decay in buildings by zooming in and panning.
This particular trailer was chosen because it feels organic with the shaking movements of the camera.
This trailer uses excellent transitions to maintain the momentum and feel of the trailer which standard transitions would not be able to do.
This particular trailer uses nice angles to capture the building that is collapsing which enhances and amplifies the feeling of destruction.

This week's lecture was about how different materials fail and decay once exposed to the elements and once these materials have aged. We were shown great examples concrete, glass, metals and timber and how each of these materials will decay depending on their properties. I believe that this lecture will enable me to realistically decay my building for this experiment and will enable me to represent each of the materials within my building in the correct manner. 


No comments:

Post a Comment